POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:54 EDT (-0400)
  Limbo (Message 68 to 77 of 87)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Limbo
Date: 21 Sep 2012 10:48:47
Message: <505c7e4f$1@news.povray.org>
> Unless a "sweet" wine simply means one that is sweetER than the others?

Now that would just be silly to call a wine that is sweeter than others
a "sweet wine". I wonder what they'll come up with next, "fast" cars for
cars than are simply just faster than others, but are nothing like fast
jets or spaceships.

> Well, if they already know who they want for the job, then I didn't
> stand a chance in the first place. :-P

The whole point is that you make it so you are the one they know they
want for the job, then nobody else stands a chance :-)

> No. Because living in the best city in the country is more important to
> me than which soul-crushing, monotonous waste of my life I get paid for.
> :-P
>
> Life is all about priorities, after all...

What if there was a job that you actually enjoyed that required you to
move outside of roundabout-city?

Post a reply to this message

>> Unless a "sweet" wine simply means one that is sweetER than the others?
>
> Now that would just be silly to call a wine that is sweeter than others
> a "sweet wine". I wonder what they'll come up with next, "fast" cars for
> cars than are simply just faster than others, but are nothing like fast
> jets or spaceships.

>> Well, if they already know who they want for the job, then I didn't
>> stand a chance in the first place. :-P
>
> The whole point is that you make it so you are the one they know they
> want for the job, then nobody else stands a chance :-)

AFAIK, this is impossible.

>> No. Because living in the best city in the country is more important to
>> me than which soul-crushing, monotonous waste of my life I get paid for.
>> :-P
>>
>> Life is all about priorities, after all...
>
> What if there was a job that you actually enjoyed that required you to
> move outside of roundabout-city?

What's the point of having a job you actually enjoy if you have to be
miserable the rest of the time?

Post a reply to this message