POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The search continues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  The search continues (Message 45 to 54 of 104)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: The search continues
Date: 4 Aug 2012 19:03:31
Message: <501daa43$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/4/2012 15:39, Eero Ahonen wrote:
> it *just* means they liked someone more than you.

Or that they hired nobody at all, either because the job shouldn't have been
advertised in the first place, or because they're too picky anyway.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Aug 2012 00:05:12
Message: <501df0f8$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 18:57:27 -0400, waggy wrote:

> clipka wrote:

>> > Sure.  Do you really want to work for someone who doesn't value those
>> > traits?
>>
>> Word!
>
> Doesn't that depend on how much they're paying and how desperate you
> are?

Personally, I don't think so.  But I've never been so desperate as to
have to compromise my principles for pay.

> Consider the financial services industry.  They appear to value, very,
> very highly, those who can think up new and creative ways to defraud
> people.

I don't think I could work in that industry at all because of that - I
wouldn't even consider looking at it as a career option because it's an
industry that's all about greed, and I don't see greed as a virtue.

Jim

Post a reply to this message