POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  YouTube (Message 21 to 30 of 33)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: Re: YouTube
Date: 5 Aug 2012 14:52:24
Message: <501ec0e8$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/4/2012 12:31 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 8/4/2012 11:03, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>>>
>>> Does stuff like Speed Racer count as anime?
>>>
>> New one, or older one?
>
> I meant the original. I wasn't trying to be picky. I was just wondering
> if that counts as "anime" to most anime fans, or whether there really
> needed to be tentacles involved or something. :-)

I think you are confusing Anime and Hentai. lol

And, the later only has tentacles in older, or those still following
such conventions, ones, along with a lot of blurring, due to some idiot
idea that its literally OK to show damn near anything other than
genitals. How they can have special sex apps for phones to meet up for
it, and some of the insane live shows they do, which involves sex in
front of studio audiences, and still feel that they need to "blur"
certain bits, is something I will never understand, at all. but, at
least, for the most part, they are getting past the whole, "We can't
show the guy at all, so... hmm, how are you are drawing tentacles?" :p

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 5 Aug 2012 17:07:28
Message: <501ee090$2@news.povray.org>
> How they can have special sex apps for phones to meet up for
> it, and some of the insane live shows they do, which involves sex in
> front of studio audiences, and still feel that they need to "blur"
> certain bits, is something I will never understand, at all.

I feel the same about the concept of "mech".

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 6 Aug 2012 05:50:43
Message: <501f9373$1@news.povray.org>
So the other day, I ended up watching a series of "fail" videos.

Now, while each video is undeniably a fail, some of them you honestly
have to ask... what were you /expecting/ to happen? I mean, seriously,
if this hadn't "gone wrong", what would it have even looked like?

I'll never find it again now, but there was one video which actually
creased me up. OK, so there's a whole series of fails involving various
sorts of motion sensors. You know the thing of thing; people throwing
their Wii controllers through the TV screen, punching the person next to
the in the face, hurting small children, etc. The summary is, /nobody/
has a palatial house like the ones you see in the adverts for these
things, and it's really quite hazardous.

This particular video was special though. OK, so there's a guy at the
end of a long corridor, dancing around in front of some sort of motion
detector. (I'm presuming corridor since these things seem to only work
if you stand ridiculously far back.) The camera appears to be balanced
on top of the TV, so the guy is facing us.

"Dude, is it on?"
"Yeah, yeah, it's on."
"OK man, let's do it!"

So he starts jumping up and down, and flailing his arms and legs around.
I have no idea what he's playing, but he's taking it fairly seriously.

And then, a few moments in, a cat wanders in. OK, so I think we all know
where this is going. Obviously he's going to trip over the cat, or step
on its tail or something. But no - he accidentally BOOTS THE CAT ACROSS
THE ROOM. Just kicks it in the stomach and sends it flying. And I'm
like, OMFG!

But he doesn't just kick it. The cat goes flying and CRASHES INTO THE
FREAKING CAMERA! And this dude was standing, like, 20 feet away or
something. And the camera ends up on its side, and we just see the cat
say "mmmewwwwwwWWWW!" and run away.

That probably doesn't /sound/ very funny. But the whole thing happened
in, like, 2 seconds flat. I spent about 20 minutes laughing my arse off
at that. And I'm probably going to hell now...

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 6 Aug 2012 13:03:44
Message: <501ff8f0@news.povray.org>
Am 06.08.2012 11:50, schrieb Invisible:

> But he doesn't just kick it. The cat goes flying and CRASHES INTO THE
> FREAKING CAMERA! And this dude was standing, like, 20 feet away or
> something. And the camera ends up on its side, and we just see the cat
> say "mmmewwwwwwWWWW!" and run away.
>
> That probably doesn't /sound/ very funny. But the whole thing happened
> in, like, 2 seconds flat. I spent about 20 minutes laughing my arse off
> at that. And I'm probably going to hell now...

Don't worry, no going to hell for that. But remember: Every time you
laugh about a video in which a cat gets hurt, God kills a kitten...

... oh, wait...

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 6 Aug 2012 14:24:55
Message: <50200bf7@news.povray.org>
On 06/08/2012 06:03 PM, clipka wrote:

> But remember: Every time you
> laugh about a video in which a cat gets hurt, God kills a kitten...
>
> ... oh, wait...

:-D

Post a reply to this message

From: Francois Labreque
Date: 7 Aug 2012 07:53:02
Message: <5021019e$1@news.povray.org>

> This particular video was special though. OK, so there's a guy at the
> end of a long corridor, dancing around in front of some sort of motion
> detector.

Microsoft Kinect.  Their answer to the Wii.  It's been out for two
years, now.  Even a troglodyte who never gets out of his cave should
know about it by now...

 > (I'm presuming corridor since these things seem to only work
 > if you stand ridiculously far back.)

Andy makes another erroneous assumption.  Must be a day that ends in Y.

From: Invisible
Date: 7 Aug 2012 08:40:24
Message: <50210cb8$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/08/2012 12:52 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:

>> This particular video was special though. OK, so there's a guy at the
>> end of a long corridor, dancing around in front of some sort of motion
>> detector.
>
> Microsoft Kinect. Their answer to the Wii. It's been out for two years,
> now. Even a troglodyte who never gets out of his cave should know about
> it by now...

I know what Kinect is. I wasn't sure whether it's the /only/ such system
on the market, that's all.

>  > (I'm presuming corridor since these things seem to only work
>  > if you stand ridiculously far back.)
>
> Andy makes another erroneous assumption. Must be a day that ends in Y.

Well let me put it this way: When I tried to play with Kinect, myself
and my colleagues literally couldn't stand far enough away from the
sensor due to the wall behind us. The software constantly complained
that we were standing too close.

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 7 Aug 2012 12:39:33
Message: <502144c5@news.povray.org>
On 06/08/2012 10:50 AM, Invisible wrote:

> I'll never find it again now, but there was one video which actually
> creased me up.

I was wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgK3Hx7VWfQ

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Aug 2012 13:11:07
Message: <50214c2b@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 13:40:24 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> I know what Kinect is. I wasn't sure whether it's the /only/ such system
> on the market, that's all.

Kinect, Wii, PlayStation eye are the ones I'm aware of.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 7 Aug 2012 15:12:50
Message: <502168b2$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/08/2012 06:11 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 13:40:24 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>
>> I know what Kinect is. I wasn't sure whether it's the /only/ such system
>> on the market, that's all.
>
> Kinect, Wii, PlayStation eye are the ones I'm aware of.

I know the Wii has hand controllers with velocity sensors. I didn't
think it had a /visual/ detection system though...

Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>