POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube : Re: YouTube Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Aug 2012 08:40:24
Message: <50210cb8$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/08/2012 12:52 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:

>> This particular video was special though. OK, so there's a guy at the
>> end of a long corridor, dancing around in front of some sort of motion
>> detector.
>
> Microsoft Kinect. Their answer to the Wii. It's been out for two years,
> now. Even a troglodyte who never gets out of his cave should know about
> it by now...

I know what Kinect is. I wasn't sure whether it's the /only/ such system
on the market, that's all.

>  > (I'm presuming corridor since these things seem to only work
>  > if you stand ridiculously far back.)
>
> Andy makes another erroneous assumption. Must be a day that ends in Y.

Well let me put it this way: When I tried to play with Kinect, myself
and my colleagues literally couldn't stand far enough away from the
sensor due to the wall behind us. The software constantly complained
that we were standing too close.