POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube : Re: YouTube Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Aug 2012 05:50:43
Message: <501f9373$1@news.povray.org>
So the other day, I ended up watching a series of "fail" videos.

Now, while each video is undeniably a fail, some of them you honestly
have to ask... what were you /expecting/ to happen? I mean, seriously,
if this hadn't "gone wrong", what would it have even looked like?

I'll never find it again now, but there was one video which actually
creased me up. OK, so there's a whole series of fails involving various
sorts of motion sensors. You know the thing of thing; people throwing
their Wii controllers through the TV screen, punching the person next to
the in the face, hurting small children, etc. The summary is, /nobody/
has a palatial house like the ones you see in the adverts for these
things, and it's really quite hazardous.

This particular video was special though. OK, so there's a guy at the
end of a long corridor, dancing around in front of some sort of motion
detector. (I'm presuming corridor since these things seem to only work
if you stand ridiculously far back.) The camera appears to be balanced
on top of the TV, so the guy is facing us.

"Dude, is it on?"
"Yeah, yeah, it's on."
"OK man, let's do it!"

So he starts jumping up and down, and flailing his arms and legs around.
I have no idea what he's playing, but he's taking it fairly seriously.

And then, a few moments in, a cat wanders in. OK, so I think we all know
where this is going. Obviously he's going to trip over the cat, or step
on its tail or something. But no - he accidentally BOOTS THE CAT ACROSS
THE ROOM. Just kicks it in the stomach and sends it flying. And I'm
like, OMFG!

But he doesn't just kick it. The cat goes flying and CRASHES INTO THE
FREAKING CAMERA! And this dude was standing, like, 20 feet away or
something. And the camera ends up on its side, and we just see the cat
say "mmmewwwwwwWWWW!" and run away.

That probably doesn't /sound/ very funny. But the whole thing happened
in, like, 2 seconds flat. I spent about 20 minutes laughing my arse off
at that. And I'm probably going to hell now...