POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old music Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  Old music (Message 31 to 39 of 39)
From: Francois Labreque
Subject: Re: Old music
Date: 21 Jul 2012 14:46:25
Message: <500af901$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2012-07-21 13:42, Le_Forgeron a écrit :

> What has JB ? short of a youth and some mega-corporations trying to push
> him ?
>
> Anyone remember the young kid Macaulay Culkin ? He was wise enough to
> make a pause.

Actually he grew up and lost his "cute kid" looks, so he stopped getting
movie deals.

From: Darren New
Date: 21 Jul 2012 18:59:12
Message: <500b3440$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/21/2012 11:36, Warp wrote:
> If such an artist is very popular and sells well, how can you say he/she is
> mediocre? What's the justification?

If even the people who like him agree he's mediocre, doesn't that mean he's
mediocre? If the people who are experts in such things say he's mediocre,
but the financial end of the business pushes the advertising, can't he still
be mediocre but popular?

It's like saying "why is this cabbage-patch doll (or pet rock) worth 50x the
amount of money very similar dolls are? Doesn't that mean it's a superior doll?"

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"

Post a reply to this message