POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The mystery of caffeine Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  The mystery of caffeine (Message 11 to 20 of 21)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: The mystery of caffeine
Date: 16 Jun 2012 13:07:42
Message: <4fdcbd5e$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/15/2012 5:11, Invisible wrote:
> Question: Has ANYBODY ever actually experienced any of these effects? Either
> from taking the drug or stopping it? Because *I* certainly haven't.

It's pretty easy to get a headache from skipping your caffine if you're used
to it, yes.

The point to remember is that caffine works by blocking the bits that emit
the stuff that turns off your brain. (A very technical explanation, yes.)
However, if you take it long enough, you wind up growing new emitters to
account for the inefficiency of the ones you already have, so basically your
body adjusts to it and after a few weeks you're operating at the same level
you normally would be operating at.

> At various times in my life, there have been times when I'm drinking several
> cups of strong tea every day, and there have been times when I go for months
> without drinking any tea at all. I have never noticed any measurable
> difference.

You don't, after a few weeks.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)