POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The mystery of caffeine : Re: The mystery of caffeine Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The mystery of caffeine
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Jun 2012 17:50:02
Message: <4fdcff8a@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 07:35:19 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>> Oh, I think you know what a headache is.
>
> Not from personal experience.

Sounds like further down, though, that 'ice pick' type thing is fairly
common.  Just extend it for more than a few seconds.

>> Read a bunch of posts that could be answered with "GIYF" and then find
>> a brick wall to bang your head against.
>>
>> That'll surely cause one. ;)
>>

> I would say that that would give you a sore head as opposed to the
> headaches that I have read about.

Well, I've had headaches that were like that, but migraines are quite
different, that's true.  Every once in a while I get one where I see
white spots.  Sometimes there is pain involved, sometimes not.

> Incidentally, I don’t get hangovers, either. And it is not that I don’t
> drink ;-)

That's handy. ;)

>> Yeah, some people do not react the same way - which is why with
>> nutrition guidelines, a lot of them make no sense at all, because
>> different people react differently to things.
>>
> If you don't like the guidelines just wait a couple of years and they
> are bound to change. :-)

Exactly. :)

>> Which is why I laugh when I see a new report that says, for example,
>> that "high fat diets might just be good for you" - they always miss the
>> "in moderation" part.
>>

> My motto is moderation in everything including moderation.

Yup. :)  Same here.

Jim