POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The mystery of caffeine : Re: The mystery of caffeine Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The mystery of caffeine
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Jun 2012 05:24:53
Message: <4fdda265$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/06/2012 10:50 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 07:35:19 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>>> Oh, I think you know what a headache is.
>>
>> Not from personal experience.
>
> Sounds like further down, though, that 'ice pick' type thing is fairly
> common.  Just extend it for more than a few seconds.

It is quite difficult to reply to this without nit picking. (Won’t stop
me though.)

 From my reading it is not very common, only 1 or 2 per cent of people
get them. The ones I get have almost no duration at all and are so
infrequent as to not be counted.
My understanding of common or garden headaches is that it feels like an
iron band around your head that is slowly tightening. Or that it is a
thumper where your head pounds with pain. These I don’t get.
My theory is that the headache I had as a child was so unpleasant that I
decided not to have any more.

>>> Read a bunch of posts that could be answered with "GIYF" and then find
>>> a brick wall to bang your head against.
>>>
>>> That'll surely cause one. ;)
>>>

>> I would say that that would give you a sore head as opposed to the
>> headaches that I have read about.
>
> Well, I've had headaches that were like that, but migraines are quite
> different, that's true.  Every once in a while I get one where I see
> white spots.  Sometimes there is pain involved, sometimes not.

I think that we are talking at cross purposes.
One of my brothers in law suffers badly from migraines and buys them
instead of hangovers. When the wine is in the sense is out etc.

I meant a pain in the head region is not necessarily a headache.

>> Incidentally, I don’t get hangovers, either. And it is not that I don’t
>> drink ;-)
>
> That's handy. ;)

It is and it isn’t. I don’t have the disincentive of hangovers to stop
me drinking too much.

--
Regards
     Stephen