POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prelude to a puzzle Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Prelude to a puzzle (Message 19 to 28 of 78)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Prelude to a puzzle
Date: 16 May 2012 04:11:04
Message: <4fb36118$1@news.povray.org>
>> As I say, I haven't played violin for about 20 years. So having one in
>> my hands again, I'm struggling to remember what you're actually supposed
>> to do with it... I guess the long and short of it is that I need to find
>> a professional violin teacher.
>
> That probably would help, yes - even if just for a refresher.  Maybe a
> local school orchestra director would be willing to take a few hours and
> sit down with you?

Yeah, maybe.

OTOH, last night I got my violin out, and found the D-string loose. When
I tried to tighten it, it snapped in half. So /that/ should be cheap to
fix... >_<

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 16 May 2012 05:40:51
Message: <4fb37623@news.povray.org>
On 16/05/2012 5:27 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> I didn't do too bad - better than I thought for the memory test (only
> missed one).  Classification was an interesting one - didn't get it
> perfect for any of them, but was pretty close on most of them.
>
> Very interesting, thanks for sharing that.:)

I did not classify any correctly. My excuse is that I never listen to
those groups of music. Now if it had been Baroque, Classical and
Romantic I might have done better. :-P
The one test I did best at was beating time which is strange because I
gave up playing a musical instrument because I cannot keep time.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Le 2012-05-16 04:12, Invisible a écrit :
>>> As I say, I haven't played violin for about 20 years. So having one in
>>> my hands again, I'm struggling to remember what you're actually supposed
>>> to do with it... I guess the long and short of it is that I need to find
>>> a professional violin teacher.
>>
>> That probably would help, yes - even if just for a refresher. Maybe a
>> local school orchestra director would be willing to take a few hours and
>> sit down with you?
>
> Yeah, maybe.
>
> OTOH, last night I got my violin out, and found the D-string loose. When
> I tried to tighten it, it snapped in half. So /that/ should be cheap to

Amazon has them from $5.99 all the way to $75.99 for a 4 string set.
I'm sure you'll be able to find something locally in the same price
range, so you won't have to pay shipping from South Korea. :P