POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Simple Question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Simple Question (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: James Holsenback
Subject: Simple Question
Date: 10 May 2012 09:47:41
Message: <4fabc6fd$1@news.povray.org>
OK, thinking about joining the circus. I mean how hard can it be to get
shot out of a cannon. After all ... a cannon ball can do it?

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: A simple answer.
Date: 10 May 2012 10:02:10
Message: <4fabca62$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/05/2012 2:47 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
> OK, thinking about joining the circus. I mean how hard can it be to get
> shot out of a cannon. After all ... a cannon ball can do it?

First thing to do is pack your trunk. Just like Nellie.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 10/05/2012 2:47 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
>> OK, thinking about joining the circus. I mean how hard can it be to get
>> shot out of a cannon. After all ... a cannon ball can do it?
>
> First thing to do is pack your trunk. Just like Nellie.

Hmmm ... could work since I'll work for peanuts ;-)

Post a reply to this message

On 10/05/2012 3:14 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
> On 05/10/2012 10:02 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 10/05/2012 2:47 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
>>> OK, thinking about joining the circus. I mean how hard can it be to get
>>> shot out of a cannon. After all ... a cannon ball can do it?
>>
>> First thing to do is pack your trunk. Just like Nellie.
>>

> Hmmm ... could work since I'll work for peanuts ;-)

Last year while driving through Roswell. I saw people holding up signs

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 10 May 2012 09:47:41 -0400, James Holsenback wrote:

> OK, thinking about joining the circus. I mean how hard can it be to get
> shot out of a cannon. After all ... a cannon ball can do it?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/12/apologetic-
mythbusters-talk-about-cannonball-accident-.html

:)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 5/10/2012 6:47 AM, James Holsenback wrote:
> OK, thinking about joining the circus. I mean how hard can it be to get
> shot out of a cannon. After all ... a cannon ball can do it?

I guess the trick is doing it more than once.

Post a reply to this message

> OK, thinking about joining the circus. I mean how hard can it be to get
> shot out of a cannon. After all ... a cannon ball can do it?

It's not that hard.  It's the landing that's hard.