POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Simple Question : Re: Simple Question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple Question
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 11 May 2012 09:45:32
Message: <4fad17fc@news.povray.org>
Le 11/05/2012 13:56, Francois Labreque a écrit :
> Le 2012-05-10 09:47, James Holsenback a écrit :
>> OK, thinking about joining the circus. I mean how hard can it be to get
>> shot out of a cannon. After all ... a cannon ball can do it?
>
> It's not that hard.  It's the landing that's hard.

The initial acceleration must be done with appropriate explosive.
For instance, the speed of deflagration might greatly varies with the
kind of explosive and such speed might prove to be deadly.

For human-cannon, a "slow" explosive is recommended, with a suitable
padding below the foot to absorb the initial push. Aorta might get
ruptured from a too strong acceleration.

The landing is then the remaining issue: it's plain gravitational in
action, the higher you get, the faster you fall.