POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Simple Question : Re: Simple Question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple Question
From: Invisible
Date: 11 May 2012 10:07:56
Message: <4fad1d3c$1@news.povray.org>
>> It's not that hard.  It's the landing that's hard.
>>
> The initial acceleration must be done with appropriate explosive.
> For instance, the speed of deflagration might greatly varies with the
> kind of explosive and such speed might prove to be deadly.

I believe Julies Verne wrote a book around the idea of sending people to
the Moon by firing them [or rather, some kind of craft containing them]
out of a cannon.

> The landing is then the remaining issue: it's plain gravitational in
> action, the higher you get, the faster you fall.

Terminal velocity, anyone?

Air drag increases with velocity, until eventually gravitational forces
and air drag reach equilibrium.

You could probably survive the landing if you had a parachute or
something soft to land on. :-P