POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is relevant to my interests Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  This is relevant to my interests (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Invisible
Subject: This is relevant to my interests
Date: 13 Feb 2012 04:23:19
Message: <4f38d687$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.xkcd.com/1016/

Normally V-Day isn't something I'd even think twice about. But right
now, there is a certain lady I want to make a favourable impression
upon. And, somehow, I've got this deluded idea that if I bring her
flowers, she's suddenly going to notice that I actually exist and start
/liking/ me.

If you stop and think about it for a minute, that /is/ a pretty
delusional idea. Right?

V-Day, of course, is the single most expensive day of the entire year on
which to buy flowers. Just for giggles, I had a look at the Interflora
website. I gasped at the price of £25 for a single red rose. Sure, that
includes delivery, guaranteed on time too. But I saw an entire /pack/ of
roses on sale in the local supermarket for £3. (Although I'm sure
Interflora will claim they're not of the same superior calibre...)

I did a double-take when I saw a bunch of roses going for over £100.
Seriously, who pays that kind of money just for flowers? Best of all, I
couldn't actually see anything that's different about that particular
bunch, compared to all the ones that most maybe £40 or so.

And then I saw this:

http://tinyurl.com/7dcfwa3

It's similar to the £100 bunch, but 5x more expensive. Yes, that's
right, £500 ( ≈ $800 US) for A BUNCH OF FLOWERS! O_O

I knew flowers got expensive, but this is absurd.

Still, it did give me a giggle. :-) I'm seriously thinking I'm going
shopping tonight just to laugh myself stupid at all the V-Day pricing.
You know, the chocolates, cuddly toys, massage oils, soppy greetings
cards, and other sentimental crap that people actually buy (if supply
and demand is to be believed).

Post a reply to this message