POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is relevant to my interests : Re: This is relevant to my interests Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is relevant to my interests
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 13 Feb 2012 15:16:54
Message: <4f396fb6@news.povray.org>
Le 13/02/2012 20:52, andrel nous fit lire :
> he southern hemisphere ocean onto the deserts of the equator (possibly
> mixed with a monty python intro).

Equator (as a geographical location: the central belt) is not a sahara
like desert, it's very green).

The desert part are more likely to start at 20° (or 25°) from equator on
each direction and due to the convection cells of the atmosphere (and
it's moving with seasons, it's call The Doldrums... huge vertical winds,
nearly none horizontal, nothing to move clouds into rain over land)

BTW, there is more part of Africa (continent) in the Northern hemisphere
than in Southern.
(that's not the case for South America, Australia nor Antarctica)

Also, at the exit of a glacial era, the weather might have been a lot
different than the sunny desert. (for instance, London would have been
under a lot (more!) of ice and snow by the time of the first simian
walking on only two feet and keeping tools in the savannah of Africa)

(P.S: I said Australia, I'm going to be flamed by NZ and co, as it would
be called Oceania... guess what is the biggest island ?)