POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Don't mess with Hitchens Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Don't mess with Hitchens (Message 58 to 67 of 77)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Don't mess with Wikipedia
Date: 14 Jan 2012 00:09:33
Message: <4f110e0d$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/12/2012 5:52, Invisible wrote:
> Of course, if instead of inserting something obviously bogus, the person had
> made several small factual edits which look superficially plausible, you

It would take about an hour. You don't think academics do experiments like
this and publish their results.

> This is why Wikipedia will /never/ be inerrant. ;-)

Of course not. But it appears to have errors at about the same rate as
normal published paper encyclopedia.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Darren New
Date: 14 Jan 2012 00:10:45
Message: <4f110e55$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/12/2012 9:45, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Which, logically, means it can be trusted.  To be wrong, that is. :)

That's why I correct people who say Microsoft or Apple can't be trusted.
They can certainly be trusted to do whatever they can get away with.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)