POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Graphic design Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Graphic design (Message 68 to 77 of 77)
From: Francois Labreque
Subject: Re: Graphic design
Date: 2 Dec 2011 11:56:07
Message: <4ed90327@news.povray.org>
Le 2011-12-01 09:36, Invisible a écrit :
>>> POV-Ray makes nice stone textures (unless you're a geologist) and wood
>>> textures (unless you're a dendrologist). Last time I checked, there's no
>>> way of making a canvas texture or a wet paper texture or a spilled paint
>>> texture or...
>>
>> By playing with gradient and checker textures, I'm sure you could come
>> up with a decent canvas texture in less than half an hour.
>
> Off you go then. :-)

Challenge accepted.  I have a few hours ahead of me saturday as I baby
sit an Oracle upgrade.

From: Darren New
Date: 2 Dec 2011 14:39:27
Message: <4ed9296f$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/2/2011 8:19, Invisible wrote:
> I spent about a week reading Grokking the GIMP. I still can't get much more
> than the most basic tasks done with it.

I found the GIMP UI to be about on par with the Blender UI. Both suck.

Paint programs for some reason seem to have awful UIs. I haven't tried
photoshop, but even something like Paint Shop Pro has a UI that's pretty
opaque at time. Hey, I want to draw a circle with a blue border full of
red... OK, time to go figure out why it won't do it in the obvious way.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)