POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Graphic design : Re: Graphic design Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:33:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Graphic design
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Dec 2011 14:44:00
Message: <4ed92a80@news.povray.org>
On 12/2/2011 1:22, Invisible wrote:
> that a guy sitting in their bedroom cannot possibly hope to compete with or
> even approach this level of perfection in a finished design.

Meh. It just takes a lot longer. Buying better paint programs just makes it
faster. A $100 paint program gets you 80% of the way there if you don't need
fancy filters like to do content-aware fill or unblur a photo.

>> Sure. Clone brush.
> That doesn't work.
> No, wait, I rephrase: I have never yet seen it work. Is that better?

You have. Did you look at the links to the album on amazon I posted. That's
how I did it - all manually.

> God only knows how you hire the good guys...
Find a web site you like. Read the credits. :-)

> Yeah, probably. Few people apparently realise that being good at something
> is not the same as being good at teaching it...

Indeed.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)