POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I giggled a bunch at this. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  I giggled a bunch at this. (Message 11 to 20 of 41)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: I giggled a bunch at this.
Date: 29 Sep 2011 09:55:52
Message: <4e8478e8@news.povray.org>
Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> Origin of INDEX
> Latin indic-, index, from indicare to indicate
> First Known Use: 1561

  The first known use of the word doesn't necessarily mean it's the first
known use of an index in a book.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 29 Sep 2011 10:15:58
Message: <4e847d9e$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/09/2011 02:55 PM, Warp wrote:
> Francois Labreque<fla### [at] videotronca>  wrote:
>> Origin of INDEX
>> Latin indic-, index, from indicare to indicate
>> First Known Use: 1561
>
>    The first known use of the word doesn't necessarily mean it's the first
> known use of an index in a book.

True - but I think we can safely say that books had indicies /long/
before working computers even existed, which was my original assertion.

Post a reply to this message