POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Message 11 to 20 of 57)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Date: 26 Sep 2011 14:24:19
Message: <4e80c353$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/09/2011 06:01 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Here's something funny: I haven't been able to find a torrent of it. How
> bad does a movie have to be that *nobody* is pirating it? ;-)

BUUUUUURN! :-O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 26 Sep 2011 14:34:07
Message: <4e80c59f$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/26/2011 10:57 AM, Warp wrote:

>    At the time I liked them, and none of the arguments that were made back
> then against them sounded very convincing. It just sounded a lot like people
> were complaining because of "they changed it, now it sucks" and other
> nostalgia filtering reasons rather than *actual* ones.

Everything can be summed up as follows: Jar Jar Binks.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 26 Sep 2011 15:36:52
Message: <4e80d454@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/26/2011 10:57 AM, Warp wrote:

> >    At the time I liked them, and none of the arguments that were made back
> > then against them sounded very convincing. It just sounded a lot like people
> > were complaining because of "they changed it, now it sucks" and other
> > nostalgia filtering reasons rather than *actual* ones.

> Everything can be summed up as follows: Jar Jar Binks.

  I still disagree on that one.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 26 Sep 2011 18:00:42
Message: <4e80f60a$1@news.povray.org>
Warp escreveu:
>   How do you achieve this feat? By being an amazingly talented writer,
> that's how. It *is* possible to make a young girls' show about magical
> ponies enjoyable to everybody, mainly via strong characterization and
> innocent humor.

dunno about that, but The Powerpuff Girls is truly outstanding.  Of

and old pop culture reference to make everyone happy in a tight package.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message