POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic : Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Sep 2011 09:11:59
Message: <4e81cb9f$1@news.povray.org>
>> Jar Jar Binks is obviously one of the most obnoxiously irritating,
>> moronic characters in the history of film. And yet, there are people
>> alive today who actually /liked/ him. WTF, people?!
>
> It's amazing, isn't it?

I would be more inclined to use words like "baffling", or maybe
"frightening"...

> And yet, we can see in Ep. II He's now part of
> the galactic counsel (or whatever that governing body is...) He got
> tossed out of his own society for being obnoxiously clumsy and moronic,
> and gets on the galactic counsel!?? There are deep, deep problems in
> that galaxy far, far away.

Wasn't he also promoted to "bom-baad genaaral" by his own society too?

Basically, Quigon says "this gungan may be of use". Despite the
self-evident fact that he has NO USE AT ALL. It's clearly and obviously
a transparent ploy to keep him in the story, because he's supposed to be
the comic relief character. (Trouble is, comics are supposed to be FUNNY...)