POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is this the end of the world as we know it? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Is this the end of the world as we know it? (Message 1 to 10 of 545)
From: Warp
Subject: Is this the end of the world as we know it?
Date: 24 Sep 2011 03:30:07
Message: <4e7d86ff@news.povray.org>
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/09/23/switzerland.science/?hpt=ieu_c1

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Subject: Re: Is this the end of the world as we know it?
Date: 24 Sep 2011 06:15:23
Message: <4E7DADB9.5000200@gmail.com>
On 24-9-2011 9:30, Warp wrote:
> http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/09/23/switzerland.science/?hpt=ieu_c1

Why would this be the end of the world? The world exist even if we don't
understand it completely.
Anyway, I was surprised that it got so much publicity. It is an
unconfirmed experiment, and the main message to the physics community is
to check the result. People tend to think that the report that they
heard last is the final verdict. Probably quite a few people will take
home the message that even Einstein was wrong. I don't know what the
effect on society and science will be in the long run. It could mean
that it will be used by the anti-science groups or that young bright
students will be more motivated to finally understand it or both.

--
Apparently you can afford your own dictator for less than 10 cents per
citizen per day.

Post a reply to this message

> Why would this be the end of the world? The world exist even if we don't
> understand it completely.

  It was a joke. Humor. A jest.

--
                                                          - Warp