POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is this the end of the world as we know it? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:28:22 EDT (-0400)
  Is this the end of the world as we know it? (Message 516 to 525 of 545)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Is this the end of the world as we know it?
Date: 24 Oct 2011 10:09:50
Message: <4ea571ae$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/10/2011 1:23 PM, Invisible wrote:
>>> Sure, the CEO of a large corporation might earn something like that.
>>> (Depending on how large, of course.) Normal humans don't earn that
>>> sort of money.
>>>
>> No, trust me normal people do earn that sort of money but they tend to
>> be contractors, in my experience.
>
> Like I said, the ONS claims that such a figure puts you well beyond
> the 90th percentile.

Me! I never said I did.

>> A nightmare. When I occasionally work in London I take the bus or the
>> tube.
>
> I usually go by train as well. (Then the fun part becomes figuring out
> where to park at MK station...)

You'd have to go early before it fills up.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Oct 2011 12:04:23
Message: <4ea58c87$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 09:06:58 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> On 23/10/2011 11:16 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> On 10/23/2011 13:44, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Who the hell has internet access from a telephone?!
>>
>> I bet the other sysadmins in your company do. Get your company to pay
>> for it. ;-)
>
> I know a few of the more important members of staff get a company phone.
> People like the CEO, the site managers, and so on. I'm not nearly
> important enough for that. :-P (Besides, who *wants* to be contactable
> 24/7?)

Generally, businesses want their IT support staff to be contactable 24x7
if the organisation operates during those hours.

Jim

Post a reply to this message