From: Darren New
Date: 25 Oct 2011 12:00:14
Message: <4ea6dd0e$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/24/2011 0:58, Invisible wrote:
>>> Why did you even apply?!" I'd feel like I wasted everybody's time.
>>
>> What if they said "We'll give you $150,000 more each year to move to
>> London"?
>
> That's almost a hundred grand in UK currency. Nobody earns that much.

I earn more, and I'm at the low end of the scale for what I do. No, you
probably won't earn that much because you don't have the experience, but
maybe you'll get something more significant than what you have now.

> AFAIK, London is their only UK presence. (Although obviously they themselves
> would have a better idea than I do.)

Indeed. There are lots of companies that have offices where you wouldn't
have thought they have an office. Like, the office I'm in now. They don't
really advertise where they have offices.

> And it's not that I don't ever want to come to London, just that I don't
> want to do so with any great frequency. Once per month wouldn't be so bad.
> Once per day would be.

How far away is it? Get a place in London, come home on the weekends, or for
dancing.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)