POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A rare moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  A rare moment (Message 21 to 30 of 84)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: A rare moment
Date: 21 Sep 2011 08:52:37
Message: <4e79de15$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/21/2011 3:20 AM, Invisible wrote:

> A student's grades should *always* be based on fixed criteria. Otherwise
> the grades only compare you to your classmates. Well guess what?
> Employers aren't interested in whether you're better than your
> classmates or not. (You're probably never going to see them ever again
> anyway.) They're interested in whether you're capable of doing a given
> job. A relative grade doesn't tell them that; an absolute one could.

One may be qualified for the job, and is fully capable. But the other
may have better qualifications. It *is* relative in the real world. But,
I do agree that grading should be based on a fixed criteria. Grading is
a means of checking to see if the student has learned what was taught,
and what areas need more work.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message