POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A rare moment : Re: A rare moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A rare moment
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 21 Sep 2011 09:27:02
Message: <4e79e626@news.povray.org>
On 9/21/2011 8:08 AM, Stephen wrote:
> violence in the workplace. The last two was when I was working offshore
> and they had nothing to do with competitiveness. The first was when I
> was messing someone about when we were playing cards (penny anti stuff)
> and he pulled me across the table. Now he was someone who did not know
> how to lose. I had almost forgotten about that incident as it was over
> forty years ago.
> Personally, I am not competitive but I can be combative. ;-)

Ditto. I was in an office with a couple colleagues discussing something,
what it was isn't relevant. I was sitting in a chair at a desk, and the
guy who usually sits at that desk told me to get out of his chair. I
chose to be a smartass and just sort of grinned at him and told him he
didn't down the chair. He then proceeded to slam me back against the
desk and was about ready to beat the crap out of me, except for the fact
that everyone else in the room had grabbed him and pulled him away.

Nothing about competition there. I chose to mess with someone I thought
could handle a bit of teasing, but turned out he couldn't.

--
~Mike