POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data transfer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Data transfer (Message 186 to 195 of 195)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Data transfer
Date: 19 Sep 2011 04:16:38
Message: <4e76fa66$1@news.povray.org>
>>> VNC wasn't really designed for efficiency.
>>
>> The fail!
>
> Nope. It was just designed to be easy to implement instead of being
> efficient.

If you're designing a system to control other systems remotely, the
efficiency of that system over a low network link ought to be the number
one priority. If I'm remote-controlling a system, I don't really care
how easy it is to implement the wire protocol; I care whether it *works*
well.

> Show me X-Windows ported to a javascript client.

Why would you want to do that?

Post a reply to this message