POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data transfer : Re: Data transfer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data transfer
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Sep 2011 13:49:18
Message: <4e77809e$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/19/2011 1:16, Invisible wrote:
> efficiency of that system over a low network link ought to be the number one
> priority.

Uh, no.  VNC was *specifically* designed to be trivial to implement at both
ends.

> If I'm remote-controlling a system, I don't really care how easy
> it is to implement the wire protocol; I care whether it *works* well.

Except you aren't the person who designed VNC. You're the person who should
be using RDP or maybe X-Windows, or NeWS, or any of the other dozens of
remote graphics solutions.

>> Show me X-Windows ported to a javascript client.
> Why would you want to do that?

Ask the guys who wrote VNC, which runs in a web browser too, you know.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?