POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hell Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Hell (Message 17 to 26 of 26)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Hell
Date: 25 Aug 2011 06:46:39
Message: <4e56280f@news.povray.org>
>> No, I meant... an actual reply from Dell. :-P
>>
> Hang onto that optimism

not like I'd expect them to, you know, *care* or anything...

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 25 Aug 2011 20:27:33
Message: <4e56e875$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/25/2011 3:46, Invisible wrote:
>>> No, I meant... an actual reply from Dell. :-P
>>>
>> Hang onto that optimism
>
> Yeah, well, I'm only offering to buy £1,000 of hardware from them.
 It's not
> like I'd expect them to, you know, *care* or anything...

To be fair, that's not really a lot of money.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 26 Aug 2011 03:56:18
Message: <4e5751a2$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/08/2011 01:27 AM, Darren New wrote:

>>> Hang onto that optimism
>>
>> Yeah, well, I'm only offering to buy £1,000 of hardware from them.
>> It's not
>> like I'd expect them to, you know, *care* or anything...
>
> To be fair, that's not really a lot of money.

It's more than a months' wages for me...

But yeah, I get the feeling that since we don't order multi-million
dollars worth of hardware every other week, Dell just doesn't give a
damn about us. (Remind me... WHY are we still using these losers?)

Post a reply to this message

On 08/26/2011 04:56 AM, Invisible wrote:

>>> Yeah, well, I'm only offering to buy £1,000 of hardware from them.
>>> It's not
>>> like I'd expect them to, you know, *care* or anything...
>>
>> To be fair, that's not really a lot of money.
>
> It's more than a months' wages for me...
>
> But yeah, I get the feeling that since we don't order multi-million
> dollars worth of hardware every other week, Dell just doesn't give a
> damn about us. (Remind me... WHY are we still using these losers?)

Have you considered checking out some of the HP deals that are starting
to surface? I'm seriously considering a tablet.

Post a reply to this message

>> But yeah, I get the feeling that since we don't order multi-million
>> dollars worth of hardware every other week, Dell just doesn't give a
>> damn about us. (Remind me... WHY are we still using these losers?)
>
> Have you considered checking out some of the HP deals that are starting
> to surface? I'm seriously considering a tablet.

Yeah, the IT department was saying something about HP shutting down its
computer department or something, so they've got some good deals going.

Of course, I don't get to make supplier decisions. It's just my job to
order the stuff. (Since Dell US is apparently incapable of telling Dell
UK to supply things...)

Post a reply to this message

On 26/08/2011 9:08 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> Have you considered checking out some of the HP deals that are starting
> to surface? I'm seriously considering a tablet.

There are rumours that it has sold out in the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14633434

--
Regards
     Stephen