POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encrypted storage Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Encrypted storage (Message 30 to 39 of 39)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Encrypted storage
Date: 20 Aug 2011 07:14:25
Message: <4e4f9711$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/08/2011 11:40 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Have a small black book with the passwords, one page per system.
> For the changing systems, using a rotation of 3 entries should do it
> (they are weak, badly managed... they usually check only against the
> previous one; I only once encountered a really painful one which stored
> the 10 lasts)

Since I generally access the systems from the same laptop. I have a
small black spreadsheet which is password protected and the entries are
in ROT13 so I can tell where in my sequence of passwords I am at a
glance but someone looking over my shoulder cannot. The laptop itself is
encrypted.

BTW That was a "Tell me about it?" type of question. I did not expect a
literal answer. ;-)

--
Regards
     Stephen