POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encrypted storage : Re: Encrypted storage Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Encrypted storage
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 20 Aug 2011 14:07:02
Message: <4e4ff7c6$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/08/2011 03:39 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 8/20/2011 3:44, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> As if *anybody* dumb enough to work here would realise they could do
>> that.
>
> Uh.... you work there?

And what does that make me?

>> What it /does/ mean is that if I reset somebody's password, I can't reset
>> it, let them log back in, and then have them change it again.
>
> You're doing it wrong. Assuming you're talking Windows, I believe
> there's a checkbox that says "Must change password on next login".

...and that checkbox is frequently the *reason* I'm having to manually
reset the password in the first place. If the user's password expires,
and they only access our network via the VPN, they don't get the warning
to change password. They just get silently locked out.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/