POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's irritation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Today's irritation (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Invisible
Subject: Today's irritation
Date: 22 Jun 2011 05:57:25
Message: <4e01bc85$1@news.povray.org>
For some reason, it really *really* annoys me when people write "i.e."
when they /obviously/ meant "e.g."

Apparently some people think these mean the same thing.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike the Elder
Subject: Re: Today's irritation
Date: 22 Jun 2011 07:20:01
Message: <web.4e01ce943f60787085627c70@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> For some reason, it really *really* annoys me when people write "i.e."
> when they /obviously/ meant "e.g."
>
> Apparently some people think these mean the same thing.

Just ONE irritation... for a WHOLE day? To quote Monty Pythons "Life of Brian",
"You LUCKY, LUCKY..."

Oh, never mind  ;-)

(Mine are the use of the non-words "irregardless" and "nuke-u-ler" by supposedly
educated people such as public officials and broadcasters.)

Have a nice (i.e. pleasant) day. (e.g.  Spend time with good friends, eat tasty
and nourishing food and avoid all contact with chihuahuas.)

Best Regards,
Mike C.

Post a reply to this message