POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's irritation : Re: Today's irritation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:30:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's irritation
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 22 Jun 2011 08:03:56
Message: <4e01da2c$1@news.povray.org>
Le 22/06/2011 11:57, Invisible a écrit :
> For some reason, it really *really* annoys me when people write "i.e."
> when they /obviously/ meant "e.g."
>
> Apparently some people think these mean the same thing.

Oh lucky you! (I agree)
One thing which annoys me is the usage of the English abbreviation "Mr"
in the French writing (where it should be "M.")
It goes everywhere, credit card, cheque ("check" for the other side of
the pond) and every commercial or business letter.
It's unfair, as the ladies have the right values (Mlle or Mme, not some
english Miss or Mrs).

--
Software is like dirt - it costs time and money to change it and move it
around.

Just because you can't see it, it doesn't weigh anything,
and you can't drill a hole in it and stick a rivet into it doesn't mean
it's free.