POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speedy thing goes in... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Speedy thing goes in... (Message 11 to 20 of 38)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Speedy thing goes in...
Date: 5 Jun 2011 18:06:43
Message: <4debfdf3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 05.06.2011 23:38, schrieb Orchid XP v8:

> Actually, I just checked my system. JQS is a normal Windows service.
> Just configure it to not run at startup. Done.

X-actly.

Official procedure though is to go to the control panel, "Java" settings
dialog, "Advanced" tab, "Miscellaneous", deselect "Java Quick Starter",
and restart the system.

While this seems to be intended simply as an alternative way to both end
the process and set the service's start mode to disabled, on my system
it plainly doesn't. Checkbox toggles, but that's all it does. Next time
firing up the "Java" control panel, checkbox is back again.

Post a reply to this message