POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speedy thing goes in... : Re: Speedy thing goes in... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speedy thing goes in...
From: clipka
Date: 6 Jun 2011 14:52:43
Message: <4ded21fb$1@news.povray.org>
Am 06.06.2011 20:22, schrieb Orchid XP v8:

>>> It has "Microsoft" in the name. Why would it be good?
>>
>> Because it's written by the same people whose OS you're trying to
>> protect is?
>
> Heheh. These are the people who thought "hey, let's make it so that
> every home user has full admin rights by default". Yes, I'm sure they
> know a thing or two about security. ;-)

Um...

Wrong perspective. Development was actually from CP/M's "access control?
just lock the f*** room door" concept to there.

Oh, and didn't they go for "hey, let's make it so that every home user
does /not/ have full admin rights by default" when they introduced
Vista? Might be wrong here, but didn't both software and users kinda go
amok back then?