POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speedy thing goes in... : Re: Speedy thing goes in... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speedy thing goes in...
From: clipka
Date: 5 Jun 2011 18:06:43
Message: <4debfdf3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 05.06.2011 23:38, schrieb Orchid XP v8:

> Actually, I just checked my system. JQS is a normal Windows service.
> Just configure it to not run at startup. Done.

X-actly.

Official procedure though is to go to the control panel, "Java" settings
dialog, "Advanced" tab, "Miscellaneous", deselect "Java Quick Starter",
and restart the system.

While this seems to be intended simply as an alternative way to both end
the process and set the service's start mode to disabled, on my system
it plainly doesn't. Checkbox toggles, but that's all it does. Next time
firing up the "Java" control panel, checkbox is back again.