POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speedy thing goes in... : Re: Speedy thing goes in... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speedy thing goes in...
From: Aydan
Date: 6 Jun 2011 11:10:01
Message: <web.4deced642b550a083771cd8e0@news.povray.org>
I had something similarly strange happen:
My PC would wake up at night for no apparent reason. Each and every night.
I'm running it as a PVR and it usually goes to hibernate after recordings and
wakes itself for a new one. So it should have been off in the morning.

I finally foud out that it was a leftover from Windows Mediacenter, which I had
installed for the purpose of checking something with my new satelite tuner card.
It seems that uninstalling Mediacenter does not remove the daily EPGupdater task
which is set to wake the computer at 3:30am.
And since my PC doesn't have a timeout to go back into hibernation and the
EPGupdater was no longer available, it would just stay on. I suppose the EPG
updater would normally put the PC to sleep after it finishes.

Regards
Aydan