POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rare for a reason Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Rare for a reason (Message 31 to 40 of 44)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Rare for a reason
Date: 30 May 2011 18:49:47
Message: <4DE41F12.2070408@gmail.com>
On 29-5-2011 23:18, Stephen wrote:
> On 29/05/2011 10:03 PM, andrel wrote:
>> You do at the age you (or actually we, the old men in this group)
>> learned long division.
>
> I never memorised the tables, as in being able to say 3 X 4 = 12. I had
> to recite them and stop at the right place.
> Three nothings are nothing.
> Three ones are three.
> Three twos are six.
> Three threes are nine.
> Three fours are twelve.
> Three fives are, oops!
> Three fours are twelve.

Interesting, someone between old school and the calculator generation.
I think the most relevant question in this context is: Do you understand
long division and if so at what age did you learn it?

--
Apparently you can afford your own dictator for less than 10 cents per
citizen per day.

Post a reply to this message