POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rare for a reason : Re: Rare for a reason Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rare for a reason
From: Stephen
Date: 31 May 2011 07:42:24
Message: <4de4d420$1@news.povray.org>
On 30/05/2011 11:49 PM, andrel wrote:
> Interesting, someone between old school and the calculator generation.
> I think the most relevant question in this context is: Do you understand
> long division and if so at what age did you learn it?

It depends what you mean by "Old" school. When I was at school,
calculators were mechanical and you turned a handle to power them.

Yes I understand long division and I can generally divide by two digits
in my head if the dividend is not too big. I really can't remember when
I was taught it, at a guess I would say, about 9 years of age.

--
Regards
     Stephen