POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Powerful Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Powerful (Message 31 to 40 of 41)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Powerful
Date: 21 Apr 2011 15:51:02
Message: <4db08aa6$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 15:18:12 -0400, Warp wrote:

>   Just as an example, you would say that the BBC is a pretty reputable
> source of information? Guess again.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13091920
>
> "They believe that a low birth rate is not solved by immigration, as
> that results in problems and foreigners do not fit into Finnish culture.
> Instead, young women should study less and spend more time giving birth
> to pure Finnish children. That is like a faint echo of Nazi ideology."

One poor article doesn't make them disreputable.  You should (if you
haven't) read what passes for 'news' over here in the US if you think the
BBC is unbalanced.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Apr 2011 15:51:53
Message: <4db08ad9$1@news.povray.org>
>> How about the video tape of some guys from the BNP saying how much
>> that'd love to "put a bomb" in a certain predominantly Asian housing
>> estate? It was all over the news last year...
>
>    It's just that you can't trust the news about this subject.

So, what, the video that was on a dozen news channels is actually a fake?

...actually, I take that back. I had presumed the falsity of this
statement is self-evident. On further reflection, perhaps not. o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On 21/04/2011 08:51 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

> You should (if you
> haven't) read what passes for 'news' over here in the US if you think the
> BBC is unbalanced.

I thought that was just urban myth? o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/