POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Powerful : Re: Powerful Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Powerful
From: Warp
Date: 21 Apr 2011 17:28:33
Message: <4db0a17f@news.povray.org>
> >> How about the video tape of some guys from the BNP saying how much
> >> that'd love to "put a bomb" in a certain predominantly Asian housing
> >> estate? It was all over the news last year...
> >
> >    It's just that you can't trust the news about this subject.

> So, what, the video that was on a dozen news channels is actually a fake?

  No. What I wanted to say is that by far the most common perception of
"that one party" (that criticizes liberal immigration policies) is often
highly colored by how the media portrays it. There portrayals are very
often full of distortions, quote mining and outright fabrications.

  Thus whenever someone tells me "this party X in our country is composed
of racist nazi bigots who would want to exterminate race Y from the face
of the Earth", I always wonder where that information is actually coming
from. The leftist media (which for some strange reason forms the vast
majority of the media in western Europe) is quite keen to denigrate and
vilify that one party with biased propaganda and extensive smearing
campaigns. (There's always only one significant such party in each country,
for some reason.)

  This is actually something that has puzzled me for a long time: Why is
by far the vast majority of the western European media so extremely leftist
and "multiculturalist"? Where are the opposing "right-wing" (if you want to
call them that) mass publications? For example, I don't know of one single
newspaper (major or minor) in Finland which would actually be critical of
liberal immigration policies. The Finnish media as a whole is unanimously
extreme leftist. (In other words, "we need more immigration, immigration
is inevitable, the majority of Finns are racist and prejudiced" and so on.)

  I find this strange because, after all, the press is (in most cases)
owned by private companies, and the number one goal of private companies
is to make money. Nothing more, nothing less. At the end of the day, the
bottom line and maximization of profit is what matters.

  You make money by appealing to the demand. If the public demands more
critique of some social or political phenomenon (such as liberal
immigration policies), shouldn't that be what the press should write
about, to maximize profit?

  But no. For some reason the vast majority of the western European media
is engaged in a global leftist propaganda campaign, completely disregarding
what people *want* to read and see. Why?

--
                                                          - Warp