POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Disappointed in xbox hardware Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Disappointed in xbox hardware (Message 1 to 10 of 28)
From: Darren New
Subject: Disappointed in xbox hardware
Date: 13 Apr 2011 22:28:25
Message: <4da65bc9$1@news.povray.org>
Actually, I'm rather surprised at how low-end the XBox hardware and graphics
stuff is. The CPU is surprisingly slow even at simple stuff like
decompressing an image, and the graphics card pretty much chokes with about
800 models with a couple hundred vertx each. You really have to work hard to
make even really simple scenes render fast. I was hoping I could just throw
simple graphics at it and have it eat easily, or at least close to as well
as my fairly old PC graphics card.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like