POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Disappointed in xbox hardware : Re: Disappointed in xbox hardware Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disappointed in xbox hardware
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Apr 2011 23:46:32
Message: <4da66e18$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/13/2011 19:53, nemesis wrote:
> Far away town is empty. :)

Yeah, that's true of Infamous on the PS3 too. (But, oddly, not of Uncharted
that I noticed, probably because Uncharted is a string of pearls instead of
a sandbox.)  It's actually almost distracting.

As well as amusing, when you blow up the gas station, walk 2 blocks away,
and come back to a resurrected gas station.

> But shouldn't image decoding be done by the GPU?

Hard to say. Can you really decompress jpeg on the GPU?

> also, remember it's a 5 year old hardware already...

True. But still, it's hardware whose primary purpose is rendering graphics.

It's more like "Gee, every other game manages to have really sophisticated
graphics and stuff like geometry for window ledges instead of just being
painted on. I wonder what I'm doing that I can't get 1000 flat walls drawn."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like