POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Disappointed in xbox hardware : Re: Disappointed in xbox hardware Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:32:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disappointed in xbox hardware
From: nemesis
Date: 13 Apr 2011 22:55:00
Message: <web.4da661b0c9e6085b3f390d5d0@news.povray.org>
> Actually, I'm rather surprised at how low-end the XBox hardware and graphics
> stuff is. The CPU is surprisingly slow even at simple stuff like
> decompressing an image, and the graphics card pretty much chokes with about
> 800 models with a couple hundred vertx each.

that's why in Assassin's Creed, while you have plenty of people around in the
streets, once you scale high buildings and can see plenty of the town, you only
see people (in LOD simpler models) in the immediate vicinities.  Far away town
is empty. :)

But shouldn't image decoding be done by the GPU?

also, remember it's a 5 year old hardware already...