POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A kind of revolution is happening in the United States Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  A kind of revolution is happening in the United States (Message 273 to 282 of 452)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: A kind of revolution is happening in the United States
Date: 21 Apr 2011 01:06:40
Message: <4dafbb60$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 00:26:31 +0200, andrel wrote:

>> And what is the hypothesis? That a particular protein didn't evolve? Or
>> that some intelligence actually created that protein?
>
> That there are proteins (etc.) that didn't evolve by natural selection.
> Or even weaker that their presence is easier explained by design than as
> a result of natural selection. (hijacking Occam's razor).

No, that's not correct.  Just because something can't be explained by
evolution (assuming it were found) doesn't mean ID is how it occurred.
What it means is we don't understand the process by which it occurred.

Leaping to the conclusion that it's ID because it isn't evolution is a
poor application of Occam's razor (at best) and lazy rationalization (at
worst).

Jim

Post a reply to this message