From: Mike the Elder
Date: 21 Apr 2011 12:35:00
Message: <web.4db05c514c35f31585627c70@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Following this from abroad, I don't know if this should be amusing or
> frightening...
>
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/antievolution-bill-tennessee-progresses-006545
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/intelligent-design-legislation-texas-006531
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/antievolution-legislation-florida-006524
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/02/antievolution-legislation-new-mexico-006469
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/second-antievolution-bill-oklahoma-006439
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/antievolution-legislation-missouri-006421
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/antievolution-legislation-kentucky-006389
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

(Replying late because I've been neck deep in idiotic accounting problems for a
couple of weeks.)

Following this from within, this is an easy question:
Frightening, hands down.

Yes, the vast majority of these folks, many of whom hold positions of
responsibility and authority in important institutions, are absolutely serious
and this completely out of touch with reality as indicated by reason,
observation and the scientific method.

Once a group of people have decided that agreement with an unquestioned
authority is the one and only check on reality that is required, and can

position, there is virtually no limit to the level of outright silliness that

then *YOU* are the bigot.

Best Regards,
Mike C.