POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Plug & play Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Plug & play (Message 41 to 50 of 53)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Plug & play
Date: 6 Apr 2011 12:08:59
Message: <4d9c901b@news.povray.org>
On 4/6/2011 3:15, Invisible wrote:
> But that size wasn't 4GB.

*File* size.  The file size is recorded in a 32-bit integer in the
directory. It doesn't matter how big the drive is, but one file is limited
to 4G.

> still happening (i.e., it hasn't locked up).

The best are the Windows file copying progress bars, which keep progressing
even when copying has stalled.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message

On 06/04/2011 05:08 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 4/6/2011 3:15, Invisible wrote:
>> But that size wasn't 4GB.
>
> *File* size.

Oh, right, I see.

Yes, that could be a problem...

>> still happening (i.e., it hasn't locked up).
>
> The best are the Windows file copying progress bars, which keep
> progressing even when copying has stalled.

Ah yes! An activity indicator that doesn't even indicate activity. Pure
liquid evil! >_<

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/