POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Plug & play : Re: Plug & play Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:11:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plug & play
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Apr 2011 12:14:58
Message: <4d9de302$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/7/2011 1:04, Invisible wrote:
> Hypothetically, in the event of a hardware fault, they're supposed to come
> over here and fix it within 4 hours.

It's not just Dell, either.  Sun did the same thing to us, back when a Sun
16-core machine cost $100K or so.  We had 24x7 4-hour replacement contracts,
as long as it didn't happen on a weekend and you were really close to where
the tech guy was already.

We had contracts on our stack of Dell machines, and they'd come out and fix
the stuff, but they'd come out pretty promptly, decide yes indeed it's
broken, and we'll expect the parts to arrive by mid next-week. And about
half the dell machines crapped out in the first 3 or 4 months, one way or
the other, with two or three being DOA.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like