POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Legality Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Legality (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Invisible
Subject: Legality
Date: 30 Jan 2012 08:15:07
Message: <4f2697db$1@news.povray.org>
Well, there's a thing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch

"In the United States, [...] no cause of action will exist if the
purveyor is capable of actually selling the goods advertised."

"In England and Wales it is banned [...] Breaking this law can result in
a criminal prosecution, an unlimited fine and two years in jail."

You would have thought deliberate deception was illegal everywhere, but
apparently not...

Post a reply to this message

> "In the United States, [...] no cause of action will exist if the
> purveyor is capable of actually selling the goods advertised."
>
> "In England and Wales it is banned [...] Breaking this law can result in
> a criminal prosecution, an unlimited fine and two years in jail."
>
> You would have thought deliberate deception was illegal everywhere, but
> apparently not...

Wasn't there some weeks ago a link to a note that Fox news was banned in
Canada because of misleading journalism while it of course is completely
legal to broadcast in the US. I think there is a trend here.

--
tip: do not run in an unknown place when it is too dark to see the
floor, unless you prefer to not use uppercase.

Post a reply to this message