POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Legality : Re: Legality Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Legality
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Feb 2012 22:04:13
Message: <4f29fd2d$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/31/2012 9:13, John VanSickle wrote:
> It goes without saying that consumers already have a remedy for
> bait-and-switch merchants: Refuse to buy their merchandise.

Or just buy what was advertised. The law just says that if you advertise
something cheap, it's not illegal to try to convince the buyer to buy
something more expensive instead. It's only illegal to advertise the cheap
one if you refuse or are unable to sell the cheap one.

I'm honestly unsure how you could even deal with a situation if you
advertised something on sale, then told someone the non-cheap one was
better, and that was illegal.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)